New AdWords Gambling Policy Explained
AdWordsAdvisor explains some of the details around Google's new policy of not show gambling ads.
"When is Google intending to actually remove whatever ads they will stop removing? Online gambling ads certainly continue to appear for online gambling terms now. "
Point well taken.
We're aware that there are 'stragglers', and are working to complete the process. I'd guess you won't be seeing inappropriate ads by the end of the week.
"Is the ban on ALL gambling keywords or only for ONLINE related gambling? "
I've consulted with the policy folks, and was given this information:
* Google no longer accepts and runs ads for online casinos, online betting, online sportsbooks, online lotteries, online bingo, and online poker.
* This also includes ads for sites with a primary purpose of driving traffic to online gambling sites, affiliates of such sites, tips, odds, or handicapping sites, "free" online casino sites, and play money casino sites.
* However, on a case-by-case basis, we may allow advertisements for:
- Location-based gambling
- Books, magazines, or TV shows that discuss gambling
- Contests, sweepstakes, or raffles"
I think that'll clarify it.
Join the discussion:
|Replies||Last Reply at||Last Message|
|26||03/15/07 15:36 EDT||LocationCorse: <a href="http://www.su...|